Each year the Texas Low Income Housing Information Service awards Texas individuals or organizations the Texas Houser Award. We recognize people in three categories: community houser, activist houser and government houser. A “houser” is person committed to raising the quality of life through improving the availability and access to shelter for families with low-incomes.
The Texas Houser Award recognizes Texans who, through their work on behalf of housing and shelter, are dedicated to achieving a just and caring society that ensures all people a decent home in a quality neighborhood.
Please join us at a luncheon to honor Texans who have worked hard for affordable homes in good neighborhoods for everyone.
Wednesday, November 7, 2012 from 12:00 PM to 1:30 PM • Zilker Park Clubhouse
This year’s Texas Housers:
- Daniel Esparza, legislative aide to Sen. Eddie Lucio, Jr.
- Frances Ferguson & HousingWorks Austin
- Ruby Roa, housing activist and grassroots organizer
- Texas Organizing Project, community empowerment member organization
- Kathy Tyler. farm worker housing advocate
Lunch catered by Ruby’s Bar-B-Que